The SSI Extended Range Nitrox Diving program (Tec 40) provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet, using Nitrox mixtures of up to 50% and recreational or Extended Range Total Diving Systems and procedures with an equally-qualifed dive buddy.
- Certification Prerequisites: Deep Diving and Enriched Air Nitrox 40% certification
- Have logged at least 24 dives.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 40 meters
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
- A complete recreational Total Diving System, appropriate for single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving. One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required.
- A complete recreational Sidemount Total Diving System, appropriate for single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving.
One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required.
This course includes:
- Classroom sessions: You must complete an Extended Range Nitrox Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
- Gear configuration sessions
- Confined water sessions
- The first 2 open water training dives must be conducted at depths no deeper than 30 meters.
- The 3rd/4th training dives must be conducted at depths between 30m and 40m.
- One dive must be to minimum of 35m for certification.
Extended Range Foundations