The SSI Extended Range Course (Tec 45) provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 45 meters/145 feet, using decompression mixtures of up to 100% oxygen and specialized diving equipment and procedures, for a maximum accumulated decompression time of 25 minutes, with an equally-qualified dive buddy. Alternatively, the course can be completed using Trimix. (Additional Fees Apply for the Trimix gas)
- Certification Prerequisites: Deep Diving and Enriched Air Nitrox 40% certification
- Have logged at least 50 dives or be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 45 meters
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
- A complete recreational Total Diving System, appropriate for a single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving. One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required or,
- A complete recreational Sidemount Total Diving System, appropriate for a single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving.
One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required.
- Extended Range Seminar
- 2 Simulated Decompression Dives
- 2 Decompression Dives - Non Accelerated Decompression
- 2 Decompression Dives - Accelerated Decompression
We will complete a day's academic development classroom session. You must complete an Extended Range Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and the Extended Range Trimix Exam with 80% if qualifying with Trimix. Be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
The first two open water training dives must be conducted at depths no deeper than 30 meters. The third and fourth training dives must be conducted at depths between 30m and 40m.
One dive must be to a minimum of 40m for certification.
Extended Range (with or without Trimix) certification entitles the holder to dive using specialised diving equipment and procedures to depths of up to 45m/145 feet and requiring staged decompression stops of no longer than 25 minutes, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.
Extended Range Foundations