Being a part of the SSI family as a Professional gives you unparalleled access to responsive, world-class customer service and a seemingly endless list of programs and benefits. SSI is dedicated to supporting you, so you can create the career of your dreams. If you currently hold a rating from another recognized agency and see the limitless possibilities SSI offers, we have a crossover program for you. This program is intended to provide you with an orientation to Extended Range philosophies and procedures, training standards, the SSI Education System and the Extended Range scuba skills required in the Extended Range training programs. The ratings you currently hold with your recognized agency will be crossed over with SSI ratings if there is an equivalent course in SSI. After completion, you can continue your career with SSI without limits! This course also acts as an update for SSI Professionals who have been in inactive status for at least 2 years. This program is intended to provide an orientation for the SSI Dive Professional candidate to Extended Range philosophies and procedures, training standards, the SSI Education System and the Extended Range scuba skills required in the Extended Range training programs.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Meet all prerequisites from each individual instructor level.
- Own and use a Total Diving System in the appropriate equipment configuration as outlined in the SSI General Training Standards.
- Complete the Candidate Preassessment: Dive History and provide proof of the required teaching and diving experience.
- Have no ethics or standards violations pending, or any verified ethics or standards violations in the past 12 months.
- Have an existing active status SSI XR certification or an equivalent from a recognized training agency.
- If a crossover candidate has been inactive with another agency for greater than five (5) years, they must follow the Returning to Active Status standards.
- The candidate should not be currently involved in a quality compliance case with another training agency. If they are part of an active quality compliance case, they must disclose all information about the case with SSI prior to attending the crossover.
- Any candidate who has been expelled from another training agency is automatically disqualified from attending an SSI Professional Crossover.
- Complete a Water Fitness Evaluation
- Have a current Medical Statement signed by a Physician
- Have a current First Aid, CPR and O2 Provider Certification
- SSI Professional Fees for one calendar year
- Dive Professional XR Wetnotes
- Digital Course Materials
- Academic and In-Water Training
- Accommodations in the professional dorm apartment at The Odyssey Resort during the crossover event. If private accommodations are required, this can be arranged for a $25/night per person fee.
- Academic Sessions: 1-2 days depending on the number of participants
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 1-2 days depending on the instructor level quality of the skill demonstrations
Attend a 3-4 day seminar and successfully complete:
- A review of the SSI Education System, including all non-XR programs, the SSI Business Philosophy, and the MySSI System and app.
- A review of all the SSI Training Standards related to XR programs and training.
- A review of the program-specific student and instructor materials.
- Pass the programs applicable final exam(s) with a score of 90% or higher.
- Conduct an academic presentation on a topic applicable to the program and training level.
- Create dive planning session for at least one (1) decompression dive deeper than 40 meters using the XR Dive Planning Sheets and dive planning software.
- Cover an equipment configuration session for the appropriate Total Diving System.
- Pass the XR Water Fitness Evaluation.
- Attend a pool/confined water session that includes the presentation and evaluation of all required program skills. All skills must be done with demonstration quality.
- Conduct an in-water teaching presentation on a topic applicable to the program and training level.
- Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by bringing the diver to the surface from a depth between 5 and 10 meters.
This crossover does not apply to Recreational Programs. For the Open Water Instructor Crossover, you will need to attend a separate Open Water Instructor Crossover Course.