The SSI Assistant Instructor Trainer program (IDC Staff Instructor) provides candidates with the knowledge, concepts and training necessary to organize and conduct the Assistant Instructor program. Candidates will learn how to evaluate and provide feedback to dive professional candidates in a variety of in-water and academic settings. Candidates who complete this program can begin their preparation for Instructor Trainer.
From leading divers to teaching and assisting on courses, they are a vital part of the team.
This program is for those who have being teaching for awhile. They have a desire to up their level. Are you looking for a challenge?
Why do we offer this course for free? We believe in the advancement of SSI Professionals and want to do our part in helping train and prepare them. This is a 6 day course and includes accomodations in our professional dorm apartment.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Candidate Prerequisites: Divemaster Instructor or equivalent.
- Have issued at least 45 certifications including:
- 30 Scuba Diver and/ or Open Water Diver
- 3 Diver Stress & Rescue
- 3 Dive Guide
- 3 Science of Diving
- 6 Advanced Adventurer and/or additional specialty program
- Complete and pass all evaluations.
- Academic Sessions
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions
- Open Water Sessions
Included For Free: SSI Digital Course Materials, thorough, quality training and accommodations in our professional dorm apartment.
Not Included: SSI Evaluation Slates Cost: $20
In addition to the programs taught by active status Divemaster and Assistant Instructors, Assistant Instructor Trainers may also teach:
- Assistant Instructors.
- Conduct Speciality Instructor seminars (provided they hold the relevant Speciality Instructor rating).
- Provide assistance to Instructor Trainers teaching Instructor Level programs.