Become an Extended Range / Extended Range Trimix Instructor with SSI
This SSI Extended Range Trimix Instructor course provides all you need to organize and conduct the Extended Range Trimix Course (Tec 45). You will learn how to train divers to independently plan and conduct decompression dives up to a maximum depth of 45 meters. This technical dive training is intended for the use of trimix as the breathing gas, to reduce inert gas narcosis and increase diver safety. An Extended Range ‘air’ Instructor certification option is also available for areas where helium is inaccessible. Grow your dream SSI Professional dive career by earning either your SSI Extended Range Trimix Instructor or SSI Extended Range Instructor certification. Start this SSI dive course online today!
The SSI Extended Range program qualifies divers to dive to a depth of 45 meters / 145 feet using nitrox mixtures of up to 100% while wearing a complete Extended Range Total Diving System, appropriate for a single gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
Upon completion, you will be certified as follows: SSI Extended Range (with or without Trimix) Instructor. Active status Extended Range Instructors may teach, supervise and issue certifications for the following programs:
- Extended Range Foundations.
- Extended Range Nitrox Diving.
- Extended Range, with or without trimix as per certification.
*Trimix gases sold separately
This course will cover:
- A review of all XR Standards and all SSI Dive Center/Resort Standards.
- Complete the applicable final exams (Extended Range Trimix Instructor and/or Extended Range Instructor) with a passing score of 90%.
- Complete the XR Water Fitness Evaluation.
- Complete an appropriate equipment assembly workshop.
- A dive planning session for orientation to the Extended Range Dive Planning Sheets.
- A confined water session that includes the presentation and the evaluation of all water skills required in the Extended Range program. All skills must be to demonstration standard.
- While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least one full decompression dive from the Extended Range program to a depth of at least 40m, with a maximum of 15 minutes of planned staged decompression time, and at least one gas switch.
- During the dive, the candidate will supervise an assistant or another instructor candidate acting as the student during the training dive.
- Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by bringing the diver to the surface from a depth of between 5m and 10m.
SSI Extended Range Instruct...