Being a part of the SSI family as a Professional gives you unparalleled access to responsive, world-class customer service and a seemingly endless list of programs and benefits. SSI is dedicated to supporting you, so you can create the career of your dreams. If you currently hold a rating from another recognized agency and see the limitless possibilities SSI offers, we have a crossover program for you. We recognise that as a qualified dive professional, you already know how to supervise and train divers. The crossover is designed to simply familiarize you with the SSI Total Teaching System and the difference in our in-water training skills. It's that simple. The ratings you currently hold with your recognized agency will be crossed over with SSI ratings if there is an equivalent course in SSI. After completion, you can continue your career with SSI without limits! This course also acts as an update for SSI Professionals who have been in inactive status for at least 2 years.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Dive Professionals certified by any SSI-recognized training agency or federation may attend an SSI Dive Professional Crossover program.
- Must meet the minimum certification requirements for the certification being crossed over.
- If a crossover candidate has been inactive with another agency for greater than five (5) years, they must follow the Returning to Active Status standards.
- The candidate should not be currently involved in a quality compliance case with another training agency. If they are part of an active quality compliance case, they must disclose all information about the case with SSI prior to attending the crossover.
- Any candidate who has been expelled from another training agency is automatically disqualified from attending an SSI Professional Crossover.
- SSI Professional Fees for one calendar year
- Dive Professional In-Water Slates and Wetnotes
- Digital Course Materials
- Academic and In-Water Training
- Accommodations in the professional dorm apartment at The Odyssey Resort during the crossover event. If private accommodations are required, this can be arranged for a $25/night per person fee.
- Academic Sessions: 1-2 days depending on the number of participants
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 1-2 days depending on the instructor level quality of the skill demonstrations
This crossover does not apply to Extended Range Programs. For the Extended Range Instructor Crossover, you will need to attend a separate Extended Range Instructor Crossover Course.
Extended Range Instructor